Various types of healing crystals have been used as natural remedies since ancient times (reports go back as far as 6,000 years ago). Like any natural remedy, the effects of healing crystals can vary from one individual to another, but they’re certainly worth a try!
When used properly (more on that later), these crystals can alleviate discomfort from various ailments. The practice of using healing crystals is not supported by most doctors and health practitioners because there are no scientific reviews that managed to prove how they work, but the truth is, many people report these treatments have a positive effect, reducing various symptoms and making them feel better in general.
12 Types Of Healing Crystals And Usage Tips
Keep reading to find out some of the most popular types of healing crystals and how you can use them!
Types Of Healing Crystals
- Amethyst – Improves the skin condition, increases energy, reduces headaches and supports the respiratory system, joints, and bones
- Onyx – Removes toxins from the air and negative energy from your home
- Citrine – Improves memory and concentration
- Quartz – Reduces panic attacks, anxiety, and stress
- Jade – Used as a headache remedy and provides support for adrenal glands
- Agate – Helps your body flush out toxins and alleviates anxiety
- Lapis Lazuli – Improves the immune system and is one of the most used healing crystals for reducing migraines
- Opal – Helps ease PMS symptoms and headaches
- Garnet – Promotes tissue renewal, helps when dealing with calcium deficiencies and alleviates back pain
- Bloodstone – Used as a cold and flu remedy, to regulate blood pressure and to improve circulation
- Topaz – Helps you slow down the aging process and balance your hormones
- Aquamarine – Promotes gut health and can be used to reduce gastrointestinal problems and acid reflux
How To Use Healing Crystals
There’s more than one way to use healing crystals, and we encourage you to experiment with this and find out what works best for you!
For starters, you can place crystals on your body. They shouldn’t be placed at random locations, though. Typically, the 7 chakras are used for this purpose. Once you learn how each chakra works, you’ll also know which one you should use, depending on the ailment or problem you’re trying to heal.
You can also wear crystals and this method attempts to stabilize the chakra systems. There’s plenty of crystal jewelry you can buy, although we recommend chakra jewelry made with healing crystals since it is made in such a way that the crystals will have contact with your chakras for boosted healing powers.
Another method that’s being used by crystal therapists is to swipe crystals over the body. The purpose of this practice is to restore your body’s energy balance.
Lastly, you can use a crystal healing layout – there are various patterns for placing these stones on your body and help with specific problems and there are many you can find online.
Your state of mind is incredibly important when using healing crystals. This kind of therapy encourages you to relax, meditate and picture the negative energies leaving your body and being replaced by positive ones. To be honest, meditation is a powerful tool on its own, and can greatly improve your health and reduce stress levels and frustration. However, it can be even more effective when combined with healing crystal therapy.
Have you ever used healing crystals to treat your ailments and did they work? Share your experience with us in the comments section below!